Thank you for your interest in transporting materials and masks for alohamask. These instructions are for those that have signed up to pick up and deliver materials to people who will be assembling masks, and/or pick up and deliver assembled masks to hospitals and other organizations.
We are organizing deliveries by region; currently we have people willing to sew in Honolulu, Kailua, and Kapolei/Pearl City. As such, you will be asked to deliver to and/or pick up from people closest to you.
We have obtained confirmation from the City and County of Honolulu and the State of Hawaii that we are operating as a charitable organization in terms of “necessary movement” during the emergency orders. Attached is a PDF, which is documentation for each of you to print that will state your purpose of driving, and that you are doing so in support of a charitable organization in support of Healthcare Operations. Please verify that your name is spelled correctly on this list. If you are unable to print this, please let us know ASAP. If at any point you run into issues in this regard, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
Safety and Driver Instructions
- Please do not at any time enter anyone’s house when picking up or dropping off materials.
- Please maintain social distancing of 6 feet or greater at all times.
- Please leave all items either on the doorstop or curbside for the sewing party to later come out and get. We will provide phone numbers for texting the people you are delivering to or picking up from.
- Please wash your hands after handling any boxes or materials; all goods will be provided to you in initially sanitary bags, and we will do our best to keep things as close to sterile as possible in the sewing environments.
- If at ANY point you are feeling ill or sick, please cease delivery and contact the Volunteer Coordinator ASAP.
If you are interested in volunteering to deliver materials, please visit our volunteer page.